My favorite Directors. Woody Allen. Wes Anderson.

When I think of something I've just instantly liked, and it just really struck home for me, like a revelation, or a great "Big" deal in my life, I think of Two Directors. Which is weird to say, because I think the people most near and dear to you should be those people, but something about the ideas, story telling, and everything in between about these Two Directors I love.  Not in a strange or erotic way, but in a Dad kind of sense.  Not having a father, you look for father figures in anyone, and I suppose I do this in everything, which is a bit odd to begin with.  The work of these two, just mainly inspire me, and I'd give me left eye to work with them on anything, even if that didn't exactly work out the way it would in my head.

The first is a great, I'm totally obsessed with his work, but some don't hit home the way I'd want them too, but for the most part his work means so much.  It's inspiring, dramatic, thought provoking, and entertainment at it's finest.  There's some that will literally argue until they're blue in the face that all he's work is good, and it's silly that I said that.  I'm, of course, talking about Woody Allen.  When I was around 11 or 12 I watched this strange movie, that I didn't know anything about, I couldn't even remember the name, I didn't really care at the time.  It was Love and Death.  That movie really hits a home run home for me, to the scene him talking to death, to the scene where they're trying to kill the Emperor I believe it is, Or it's Napoleon, I can't remember, though I could just look it up, I want to be authentic and just tell you what I know.  It really captures how I felt as a kid, and a young adult.  I was in love with my cousin, by marriage, but she didn't want to be with me, though she egged it on.  She'd get me to do things that were crazy, though I didn't want to do them, as you know how young girls generally are.  The scene where he's talking to an Angel, the angel promising everything is going to be okay, than he dies anyway.  That's just how religion is, where I live I feel like.

Than there's Manhattan, this one I couldn't appreciate until I was older, but when I did I really fell in love. I didn't really get into directors when I was young, and no one in my house liked the things I did.  Let's just say I grew up loving fine things, but my family didn't really like them as much. Manhattan is a movie, where I can't really do it justice by just talking about it, I mean Woody Allen really hits it home in this movie.  Disclaimer: This movie is in Black and White, so I mean, you've gotta be into that sorta thing.  Which I always was, Andy Griffith, and the Beverly Hillbillies where in Black and White, which my grandfather watched all the time.  Both of them did, actually, so I really love Black and White, and don't see any difference between it and color when I'm viewing it.  I mean you can tell what color is which, if you just stop look and listen. There's just something about the film they used back than, that's vivid and just overwhelming with emotion, this picture captures all of that. I mean, it's not spot on feel from the say, 50's like a Jack Lemon picture, but it's pretty close.  I just love the story, art direction, music and actors in this film, and you're surprised at every point.  So just go check it out, I can't do anything for it, you've got to just see it for yourself.

The Other Director, which of whom I love every picture he's made, and really digs deep on a personal level, is Wes Anderson.  If you've never seen a Wes Anderson Film, you're missing out on a experience that can only be closely to resemble a religious one.  I mean, he's depth of characters, he's use of color, and masterful story telling is something that I've never seen before.  The first Wes Anderson Movie was the Royal Tenenbaums.    I know, if you're going to start out with Wes Anderson, start out big right? Because that has to be the one of the finest films ever released, you have to see it to believe it.  That's if you're into that sort of thing, I grew up in a world of Antiques I feel like, as he's movies uses objects similar to Antiques I feel like a lot.  We certainly don't have a set of things. we're more consumer based I feel, but my childhood was never like that.  You'd have to watch any of his movie's to know what I mean.  The Royal Tenenbaums set out telling about the Tenenbaum house hold, through a string of events you learn of the children, their parents, but it's really a movie about a man trying to find a way to apologize to his family for being a bastard for so many years.  To be at peace with oneself.

The other movie, which really hits home is, The Darjeeling Limited.  This movie is about three brothers at it's core, but it's really about coming with terms of their father's death and making sense of everything.  My brother's and I are exactly the same circumstances, when our brother died, but here it's about their father.  There's the leader(or thinks so), The one who goes along with another brother(but at the same time doing he's thing) and the outcast(but not so much).  They find their mother, whom they haven't seen in ages, who just completely abandons them.  This movie just means a lot to me, and just everything in my life.  My mother is so cold, careless, and just going off to help these other's people, when I am so desperately needing guidance.

This has been the directors that have really made a impact on my life, I hope you've enjoyed it.  Remember, when you watch a movie you love, it's not all about the flashing of lights, and the glamour of the whole thing. If you don't have a great writer, storyteller, than it ceases to work.

Thank you,

Puff!

Love ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Advice| Steps to better yourlife| how to get whatever you want!| Girls|Money|Love|Relationship|Anything is Possible|

Draft of New Short Story: Time Traveling Mad Man.

Drug Testing in Schools.